Mindstretch Training is tailored to our clients’ needs. We focus on education and training for medical and educational professionals, as well as for parents, caregivers and client families. We deliver lectures, seminars, workshops and longer course series.
- While the HANDLE® approach to neurodevelopmental irregularities forms the foundation to our work, we cover numerous additional related aspects of learning, ranging from understanding the barriers to learning to cognitive screening and curriculum adaptation in South Africa.
- Mindstretch is the only provider of accredited Introductory HANDLE Training in South Africa.
GET A HANDLE on Neurodevelopmental Differences
A 12-hour course that will forever change your strategies for dealing with learning and behavioural challenges!
Contact Jennifer for further details: email@example.com / 083 444 4554.
This course is for:
- Special education teachers
- Early childhood specialists
- Classroom teachers
- Tutors, parents
- Speech therapists
HANDLE can be used to address:
- Acquired brain injury
- ADD, ADHD
- Autism & autism spectrum disorders
- Conduct disorders
- Down syndrome
- Processing speed & comprehension
- Reading & writing difficulties
- Sensory integration dysfunctions
HANDLE Training Courses
Level 1, HANDLE Introductory Workshop: Entry level or stand-alone course covering the neurodevelopmental roots of many of the dysfunctions affecting individuals of all ages, and equipping participants with practical tools and ideas for application. ADD, ADHD, anxiety disorders, autism, cerebral palsy, learning disabilities, obsessive compulsive disorders and sensory integration disorders, among others, are labels often used to describe behavioural and academic challenges. HANDLE helps you see beyond labels and better understand the underlying causes of these behaviours.
- Relevant for medical and educational professionals, HANDLE client families, parents and caregivers.
- Prerequisite for intermediate HANDLE training.
Intermediate Training Course: Designed to enhance participants’ knowledge and understanding of HANDLE, with tuition on the HANDLE Screening Tool for identifying neurodevelopmental differences that affect learning and behaviour. Relevant activities and complementary approaches designed to enhance functioning are also covered. Successful completion of the course qualifies the participant as a HANDLE Screener.
- Acceptance by prior application; prerequisite for intermediate HANDLE training.
Advanced Training Course: Intensive course focused on theoretical and applied neurodevelopment, with coverage of diverse disciplines and methodologies that are integral to holistic systems approach; study groups and/or guided tutorials are employed. Successful completion of the course and evaluation of competency qualifies an individual for Internship (150–200 hours of clinical experience) and, thereafter, certification as a HANDLE Practitioner.
- Acceptance by prior application; prerequisite for Internship.
See www.handle.org for more information.